So far, we have lived through Revelation 8, 9 and part of 12. The Lamb has broken the seventh seal. Six angels have blown their trumpets since then. The seventh angel is about to blow the seventh trumpet: “The seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven saying: ‘The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Messiah, and He will reign forever and ever!’” (Rev. 11:15, HCSB) The seventh angel’s trumpet does not point to the Rapture. It is the final trumpet, at which time Jesus will put an end to humankind’s six years of rule and start His seventh year of rule, or the Messiah’s Millennial reign, which is represented by the Feast of Tabernacles, as in Leviticus 23:34. Here we see God’s mystery (Gen. 2:1,2) and His instruction to observe the Sabbath, the seventh day of the week: six days for people to work (time for human), and the seventh day is for rest and the Lord (time for God).
I recommend reading Joel 2, the entire book of Revelation, and Daniel 12 for further study and to clearly understand the material being covered in this chapter. This chapter is very intense and full of information, but in spite of this continue your reading. You can always return to it for detailed study after completing this entire book. In the meantime, let’s briefly get acquainted with the seven angels and their seven trumpets in Revelation 8–11. I came across this information on YouTube, verified it, and think it’s an excellent analysis of the seven trumpets. Please refer to the biblical text that accompanies these passages.
- Revelation 8:7: World War I. Russia and Germany adopted a “scorched earth” policy, which manifested in the burning of trees and grass.
- Revelation 8:8–9: World War II. “Burning Mountain” is the first atomic bomb used on Japan in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Both cities are near the sea. According to theologian Irvin Baxter, a third of the ships were destroyed, and most of the people on the ships died.
- Revelation 8:10–11: The Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant explosion in 1986. “Chernobyl” is a combination of two words from the old Slavic dialect, which mean “bitter plant or wormwood.” Many people, especially children, have been affected by it. Nearby rivers and lakes are still radioactive. Nevertheless, people have been using the contaminated water for watering crops, drinking, and raising livestock. The devastation of the explosion is not obvious to the naked eye, for the poison is hidden in contaminated water and air pollution, from which people have developed sicknesses, which result eventually in death. The effect of this accident continues to bear its deadly fruit today. I know a woman who is battling thyroid cancer. Her husband lost his life to the same cancer. They both were children at the time of the accident and lived about one hundred miles from the station.
- Revelation 8:12: Eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines in 1991. During its eruption, a third of the moon and sun were covered due to the ash cloud. It also changed the weather around the globe.
- Revelation 9:1–12: Operation Desert Storm in 1991. Italy called this operation “an operation of locusts.” American helicopters resemble the locusts and their ability to shoot and use precision weapons; therefore, no damage was done to the earth. Tons of smoke came from about six hundred oil wells, which Saddam Hussein’s retreating army set on fire. Saddam’s name means “destroyer.”
- Revelation 9:13–21: Middle East crisis. It began approximately in the beginning of 2014 or even earlier, perhaps from the time US went to war with Afghanistan (after 2001) and, later, Iraq. It involved the region around the Euphrates River and included mostly Iraq, Syria, and Iran. It even effected other countries that practice Islam, like Egypt. ISIS played the biggest role. “Hour, day, month, and year” means that four significant things are to happen in that region. The predetermined events are already completed. Besides the Middle East, the world, especially Europe, is now witnessing its aftermath. Only time will reveal the aftershocks of this trumpet. Verses 17 and 19 give us an exact description of the machinery and equipment used by ISIS. About a third of the people involved died. Two hundred million is the estimated population of that region, who practice Islam. Thus, the source of the troops is Islamic in nature, just as we witnessed through ISIS.
- Revelation 11:15–19: Kingdom of the Messiah. This is the final trumpet that is going to seal the end of humankind’s rule and start the Lord’s Millennial rule or the Day of the Lord.
When I studied Revelation, I noticed that the events are ordered relatively chronologically, though the narrative stops periodically to clarify certain events. If the seventh angel with the seventh trumpet in chapter 11 is the last trumpet, which ends humankind’s rule on Earth and starts the Lord’s millennial rule, we are living in the time before the seventh trumpet. It means that the following events will be coming next: the mighty angel with the small scroll (Rev. 10), the two witnesses (Rev. 11:1–14), the woman with the child and the dragon (Rev. 12), the beast and his mark (Rev. 13), bowls of judgment and the battle of Armageddon (Rev. 16), the judgment of Babylon, the prostitute on the scarlet beast (Rev. 17—18), and the Rapture or the wedding of the Lord and His Church. The events may not be in the order I listed. Some scholars believe all this will be accomplished in a maximum of seven years! Upon further study of the Scriptures, I realized that we are approaching this seven-year period and have little time left before the Rapture and the return of Christ. This is exciting news, because we will witness Revelation prophecies come true! The sad news, however, is that most of us are not ready and are in a deep spiritual slumber. I hope that, through this book, I can make people aware of our last days before the Lord’s return and give some directions as of what to do next.As we read, “There will no longer be an interval of time [sometime after the sixth trumpet in Rev. 9:13–21], but in the days of the sound of the seventh angel, when he will blow his trumpet, then God’s hidden plan [kingdom of the Lord and the Messiah Rev. 11:15–19] will be completed, as He announced to His servants the prophets” (Rev. 10:6c–7, HCSB). In other words, sometime after the sixth trumpet is blown, a secret event will take place. After this event there will no longer be periods of rest between the events, which are scheduled to happen and recorded in the rest of Revelation, until the day of the last trumpet of the seventh angel. This secret event, I believe, can be the Rapture. Although the birth contractions have been reasonably spaced out, we are no longer going to have a rest period between them after the event with the angel that is recorded in Revelation 10. All events will follow one after another, as planned by God. The sixth angel has already blown his trumpet. The seventh and final trumpet, which will signal the Day of the Lord, is coming soon!
This is copyrighted material and taken from book
She Divides the Spoil by Natalya Vazemiller.
Copyright © 2018 Natalya Vazemiller
Photo by Wim van ‘t Einde on Unsplash.