Intercession for the church comes natural after intercession for self and family. By interceding for the church and its members, we enrich and build immunity to self and the body of Christ. Praying for the church is part of the whole armor of God and should be practiced daily: “Praying always with all prayer . . . with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints” (Eph. 6:18, NKJV). Here are just some ideas:
- Pray for your pastor, his family and their needs.
- Pray for your church members, their families and their needs.
- Add to your praying list people that you feel a special burden given by the Lord.
- Pray for the needs and revival of your church.
- Pray for the persecuted church all over the world.
- Pray for a missionary that you know, or an evangelist.
Note: The above list of suggestions for your prayer is the job of an intercessor. God will be pleased even with a little. He can use these two fish and five loaves of bread from your hands to do miracles beyond your imagination.
Tip: Feel free to include as many people and petitions as God puts on your heart. Do not feel like you need to include many people, nor be afraid to have a long list. Take a load that you feel comfortable with. Have freedom to increase or decrease your list depending on your spiritual season.
Please share with others for advancement of God’s Kingdom and glory of Jesus.
Photo by Michelle Jimenez on Unsplash.